I grew up watching Star Trek, particularly Star Trek: The Next Generation, so when the June Nouveau Geek Box featured six Star Trek polishes, I knew it had to be mine. Today I’m sharing a nail art look I did featuring the Cinema Swatch Lacquer box exclusive, Locutus of Borg.
I always found the Borg to be one of the more frightening adversaries in the TNG universe, and then Captain Picard was assimilated into the collective as Locutus of Borg, I was entirely freaked out. To represent this scary episode and awesome character, I used the lovely jelly and glitter goodness of Cinema Swatch Lacquer’s polish.
– Locutus of Borg, 2366 (The Best of Both Worlds)
Borg Nail Art Steps:
- To keep myself neat and clean for stamping and sponging, I used Girly Bits Border Patrol around my cuticles.
- Starting with a base of two coats of OPI’s It’s In The Clouds, I then stamped a binary pattern from the UberChic Beauty Geek Love plate in MdU black over all but my accent nail. I chose to stamp the binary before doing my gradient sponging so that I could completely cover it with the sponging.
- I then sponged a gradient of Locutus of Borg on all of the nails, including just briefly touching the sponge to the tip of my accent nail to grunge it up a little.
- I added a final layer of stamping over all nails using a computer chip stamp image from the same Geek Love plate. I stamped in ILNP MEGA to get a subtle holo shimmer on most nails, but used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Silver Sweep for my accent nail to make it a little more bold.
- I applied a Borg ship decal from Maddie Grace Boutique (which I purchased with a blogger discount) to my accent nail and then coated all nails with a single coat of HK Girl Topcoat.
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri – Silver Sweep
- UberChic Beauty – Geek Love Plate
- OPI – It’s In The Clouds
- Maddie Grace Boutique – Star Trek Decals
- Cinema Swatch Lacquers – Locutus of Borg
- ILNP – MEGA
- Glisten & Glow – HK Girl Topcoat